- Either Michigan State or UNC doesn't make it to the Sweet 16. My bracket has Memphis taking out the Spartans, but even St. Louis has the Pom+LRMC make-up of a team who could pull the upset as well. Creighton shoots the ball extremely well, especially the 3, which is usually key to pull off the big upset. Tar Heels beware.
- The highest seeds with the best chance to be Cinderella are Long Beach State and Belmont. Both of these are actually trendy picks, but they do have the Pomeroy+LRMC rankings to back it up.
- Vanderbilt over Syracuse for an Elite 8 spot. Well, this doesn't sound as bold since it was announced Fab Melo won't be playing, but I had this prior to the news I swear.
- Kentucky will not win the National Championship. You read that right. This is an amazing team, but other than Michigan State, no other team has to face more highly rated Pom+LRMC rated teams. Wichita State, Indiana, Baylor and Duke all have a solid chance to knock them off.
- Kansas will take it all. They have the right Pom+LRMC ratings, have a top 10 stat category, and feature a relatively easier path than most teams. They should've been a #1 seed, don't sleep on the Jayhawks.
Here are the picks for my bracket:
- 32: KY, UConn, WSU, Indy, UNLV, Bay, Xav, Duke
- S16: KY, WSU, Bay, Xav
- EE: KY, Bay
- FF: KY
- 32: MSU, Mem, LBSt, Lou, MurSt, Marq, FL, Mizz
- S16: Mem, LBSt, Marq, Mizz
- EE: Mem, Mizz
- FF: Mizz
- 32: Syr, KSt, Van, WI, Cin, FSU, WVU, OSU
- S16: Syr, Van, Cin, OSU
- EE: Van, OSU
- FF: OSU
- 32: UNC, Cre, Tem, Mich, NCS, Bel, StM, Kan
- S16: UNC, Mich, Bel, Kan
- EE: UNC, Kan
- FF: Kan
Final Game: Kansas over Kentucky - 140 point total